Monday, September 03, 2012

School Begins!

Students arrived on campus across the weekend accompanied, in many cases, by family and friends.


By Sunday the walkways bustled, sounds clashed, and the energy-level rose dramatically.   Tucked away on steps and elsewhere students reconnected, shared schedules, and swapped stories.   Proud parents walked alongside nervous freshmen, children played everywhere, and old friends reunited.

Classes began Monday.  I taught three sections each of which had roughly 60 students.   Tuesday afternoon I meet my fourth group.   Introducing my course as a place where students will connect theory to real world practice, I outlined a learning approach not typical to their experience.   Within a classroom context (in person and online) we will create together something akin to an "executive coaching" experience.  Both and I were excited at the prospect.   [Syllabus to be posted here soon.]

It looks like it will be a great year!!!

~Ernie Beal